Friday 13 May 2011

Tis the season

Well its that time of the year again...the summer show season! While the shows are always fun, getting there can be quite a chore. 5:30 mornings day after day and big electric bill are just some of the things I'm not excited about. Alot of my time during the summer is spent training and growing hair on all my show animals. By putting that extra time in and keeping the hair on my cattle throughout the summer months it could possibly give me a competitive advantage.

So my mornings usually start each day at 5:30 am. First off I rinse the showstring off with cold water until their hide is cold. Then comb all the hair straight down, then straight forward and then at a 45 degree up and forward. Once I'm done that then they are blown dry, as soon as they are dry I spray some final bloom on them, blow it out and throw the steers in the cool room and the females under fans and a mister. This is repeated at least one more time, often two more times, everyday, weekends included!

Sometimes being competitive just isn't good enough! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so impressed by your dedication, Kolby, both to your show cattle and this blog. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete